[wilhelmtux-discussion] The Swiss Virtual Campus has chosen WebCT for its platform :-(

Claude Almansi claude.almansi at bluewin.ch
Wed Jan 14 12:50:44 CET 2004

See
http://www.hostingtech.com/news/2003/12/4/St_Nitf_Swiss_Virtual_Campus_to_Pi
lot__b1203031.3sw.html , short URL http://tinyurl.com/2bseh .

The assessment report from edutech is all but convincing , numerous glitches
of version 4.1 of WebCT are mentioned in the Forum New Learning community
http://webct.fnl.ch , and the the edutech assessment didn't cover several
non proprietary solutions developed in Swiss universities.

So I wrote about this for the ADISI site:
http://www.adisi.ch/in-formazione/ICT_&_CH.htm . But as the piece is in
Italian, I'm attaching an English version here.

For crying aloud: now that there is less money available for e-learning
development and education in Switzerland, the SVC people go and spend a
"five digit figure in dollars per year" in license for a heavy, clumsy,
proprietary software instead of investing it in the further development of
one of our universities' non proprietary products???

Cheers all the same

Claude

Claude Almansi
claude.almansi at bluewin.ch