[wilhelmtux-discussion] Fw "In the beginning"

Claude Almansi claude.almansi at bluewin.ch
Sat Oct 25 00:21:44 CEST 2003

Hi Tuxers

What follows was quoted in an e-mail by Dale Chadwick to the "Information
Society: Voices from the South"  (see
http://www.dgroups.org/groups/IS/index.cfm ) mailing list

;-)

Claude

---

In the Beginning

From: torvalds at klaava.helsinki.fi (Linus Benedict Torvalds)
To: Newsgroups: comp.os.inix
Subject: What would you like to see most in minix?

Hello everybody out there using minix-I'm doing a (free) operating
system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386
(486) AT clones. This has been brewing since april, and is starting to
get ready. I'd like any feedback on things people like/dislike in minix,
as my OS resembles it somewhat

Any suggestions are welcome, but I won't promise I'll implement them :-)

Linus

(www.wsis-award.org ) -
what about a "WSIS events that suck" award, on the model of Vincent
Flander's http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/ ? My nominee:
www.helloworldproject.com , with www.wsis-award.org itself as a runner-up.

Cheers

Claude

Claude Almansi
claude.almansi at bluewin.ch
www.adisi.ch

PS I see from your address that you probably live in Belgium: I have
marvelous memories of holidays near Bouillon when I was a kid  - I'm
half-Belgian, from the "flamand-traître" Ghent community.

------
For discussion archives visit: http://www.dgroups.org/groups/IS/index.cfm

To join, send a blank message to: join-IS at dgroups.org
To leave the list, send a blank message to: leave-IS at dgroups.org