[wilhelmtux-discussion] Re: World Summit on the Information Society - FSF at WSIS?

Claude Almansi claude.almansi at bluewin.ch
Die Mar 18 19:19:36 CET 2003

Hi Sascha

FSF isn't in the WSIS list of participants either, I just checked.
Chantal also sent the e-mail with the worrying text about Open Source
being slashed from the official WSIS documents
(http://www.worldsummit2003.de/en/web/237.htm ) to gnu at gnu.org . Now I
wouldn't feel serious contacting them from Outlook to ask them to join
WSIS. Nevertheless, I also forwarded Chantal's e-mail to 2 journalists -
one from Nepal, one from Zambia - who were present at the
UNESCO-for_WSIS roundtable in Lugano this week-end. Because developping
countries have insisted several times on the importance of Open Source
Software during PrepCom2 for WSIS in february.

So for these countries, it would be very important if FSF were present.
Would someone with more serious open-source credentials than me write
them, please?

Claude

Claude Almansi
Coordinatrice in/formazione
www.adisi.ch
v. Cantonale 22
6532 Castione
Switzerland
091 829 04 51
076 405 85 69

PS - Chantal, je m'emmeles les pinceaux ou le texte
http://www.worldsummit2003.de/en/web/237.htm n'a pas encore ete envoye a
la plateforme comunica-ch.net?