[wilhelmtux-discussion] Re: World Summit on the Information Society

Sascha Brawer brawer at dandelis.ch
Die Mar 18 15:09:11 CET 2003

Hi all,

many thanks to everyone for replying to my questions with regards to
WSIS, the United Nations World Summit on the Information Society in
Geneva, December 2003.

To summarize: Free Software proponents are in contact with several local
WSIS preparation groups.  Also, some local NGOs, whose declared goals
include the propagation of Free Software, have registered with the
summit.  However, unless I'm overlooking something, the Free Software
Foundation has not officially been present at any meetings so far.

I cannot speak for the FSF, of course, but I really think that it would
be a pity to miss this opportunity.  At least in my personal opinion, the
Free Software Foundation should be represented at the summit.

Does anyone know how to make this happen?

-- Sascha Brawer, brawer at dandelis.ch
   http://www.dandelis.ch/people/brawer/