[wilhelmtux-discussion] Catering other NGO's ..? - great idea

Gaudenz Steinlin gaudenz.steinlin at wilhelmtux.ch
Son Mar 16 13:51:34 CET 2003

Am Son, 2003-03-16 um 09.00 schrieb Claude Almansi:
> I am very interested in the encryption solution, now that after April
> 1st, Swiss ISP's will have to save all messages for 6 months (and our
> browsing tracks).

As far as I know, only the so called "Kommunikationsranddaten" will have
to be saved for 6 months, not the actual content of the messages. So the
law baisically says, that they have to save their logs for 6 months and
to give this information to the investigating police (through the
"Dienst für besondere Aufgaben") upon request. These requests must be
allowed by some higher institution (depends on canton).

Please correct my if i am wrong.

- gaudenz