[wilhelmtux-discussion] TR : [wsis com-ch] Pour info - surveillance des emails en suisse - Let's be good citizens

Frederic Schutz schutz at mathgen.ch
Sam Mar 15 23:49:40 CET 2003

> Let's help our ISP's by using web-emails, but let's be good citizens
> too. Sure, it would be easier if we could send our e-mails directly in
> Cc to the "bureau des tâches spéciales" mentioned in the article, but I
> wasn't able to find their address in the Swiss administration website.
> On the other hand, Ms Ruth Metzler's is given in the pages of the
> Department of Justice and Police and I am sure she will gladly forward
> to said bureau the Cc's we'll send her.

Some more information is available on the excellent site cryptome,
especially http://cryptome.org/ch-ilets-regs.htm. This page is currently
not found, but hopefully it'll be restored soon. In the meantime, there is
a copy of the 2 PDF files on http://www.mathgen.ch/crypto/cryptome-ch.html.
The second file contains the technical instructions and for reasons that I
don't fully understand (it doesn't contain anything sensitive), it is
marked "confidential" -- actually, there is a at least one good reason why
it should remain confidential: it specifies that each ISP must maintain a
"test" email address of the form test-LIID at isp-domain
(test-LIID at bluewin.ch, test-LIID at infomaniak.ch, etc) so that the "bureau
des tâches spéciales" can test the interception system at any time, and I
guess that they don't want these addresses to be spammed (well... sorry
then !).  In any case, Claude, it answers your question: just cc: your
email to one (or several) of these addresses :-)

Oh, and the signature at the end of the document is from Adrien de Werra
-- it shouldn't be too difficult to find an email adress if you want to
contact him (Dienst für Besondere Aufgaben --> @dba.admin.ch ?). By the
way, Mr de Werra won a Big Brother Award last year (cf
http://www.bigbrotherawards.ch/).

Frédéric