[wilhelmtux-discussion] New Guillaume Tux Website

Wernig Markus listener at wernig.net
Don Mar 6 19:29:12 CET 2003

Hello Guillaume Tux

Our new website has just gone online - thus bringing eight months of
preparative work to a preliminary close.

The new site - besides sporting a new design - for us marks the first
move towards an information portal, where visitors shall find
contributions about and links to various resources related to the topic
of Free Software in public institutions, but shall also be able to
interactively pose questions and share ideas.

Of course, now the time has come to sas thank you to all those who have
helped in building this site, and continue to do so. First, there are
those who have contributed, edited and translated texts (as you will
have noticed, wilhelmtux.ch still runs in four languages ... while the
grade of completeness of the translations still varies ;-) Their work is
the foundation of our new portal, and it's their engagement that will
determine the liveliness of the site.

Another round of thank yous goes out to iframe (www.iframe.ch) for the
design of the layout, and to Catatec (www.catatec.ch) for so
professionally hosting our domains. Collaborating with these companies
has been and still is a pleasure and has proven uncomplicated and
effective. Both have - by advice or by hands-on help - been important on
the way to developping the site.

Then there is the big number of those who have tested the site, have
found flaws and have suggested improvements. They, too, have been
crucial to the fact that the new site can be presented today.

We hope that the site will appeal to many of its visitors and that it
can contribute helpful information to discussions or the making of
decisions about the introduction of Free Software.

Feedback and contributions of course continue to be as welcome as ever.

With kind regards

Markus Wernig
webmaster at wilhelmtux.ch