[wilhelmtux-discussion] Pressetext fuer FSF Europe Mailingliste..

Alex Schroeder alex at emacswiki.org
Die Jun 11 00:02:25 CEST 2002

Hier noch was Feedback wegen Typos und so.

Alex.

Robert Ribnitz <ribnitz at linuxbourg.ch> writes:

> (Version 2)
>>>
> Wilhelmtux to stand for Open Standards and Free Software in

Wilhelmtux to promote Open Standards and Free Software in

> Switzerland.
>
> Last Thursday, June 6th, members of the LUGs of Murten[1],
> Berne[2] and Fribourg[3] got together to formally found what is
> to become a lobbying group for Free Software and Open Standards.
> About 20 people, most of them with an IT background, assembled to
> found Wilhelmtux[4]. The goal of the exercise ia to raise

About 20 people, most of them with an IT background, got together and
founded Wilhelmtux[4].  The organization is raise

> awareness for Free Software and to promote the use of it mostly
> within the Swiss Government, and the Swiss Administration.
>
> A public discussion mucxh like those already under way in other
> european countries, is to be started. This discussion should
> allow a critical approach towards  Software development and point
> out the shortcomings of Closed Source/Proprietary Software.

A public discussion much like the one already under way in other
European countries needs to be started.  This discussion will
promote a critical approach towards Software development and point

> Two delegations left for Linuxtag in order to talk to

Two delegates left for Linuxtag in order to talk to

(zwei Personen oder zwei Delegationen?)

> organisators of Bundestux in Germany (a source of inspiration),
> and to members of FSF Europe and to spread the news to other
> organisations present at the conference.

> Since the group focuses mainly on swiss interests, the website
> [4] is available in the official languages of switzerland. An
> english version is not planned at the moment.

Since the organization focuses mainly on Swiss interests, the website
[4] is available in all four official languages. An
English version is not planned at the moment.

> For feedback and enquiries, support, etc. please contact the

For feedback, questions, and support, please contact the

--
http://www.electronicintifada.net/diaries/index.html
http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/US-Israel/hr2506c.html