Re: [wilhelmtux-discussion] urheberrecht.ch – Über Urheberrecht.ch

Claude Almansi (BW) claude.almansi at bluewin.ch
Fri Apr 7 16:54:44 CEST 2006

Daniel Boos wrote:
> Theo Schmidt schrieb:
>> Claude Almansi (BW) schrieb:
>>> Do you mean the papers linked in
>>> <http://www.ige.ch/D/jurinfo/j10301.shtm> (which in turned is linked
>>> in urheberrecht.ch)?
>>>
>>> All these papers are in locked PDFs, unfortunately: not accessible,
>>> not copiable.
>> They do not seem locked to me: I have no trouble downloading or
>> copying the PDFs I tried. Our own entry (by Alex Schröder, together
>> with SIUG) is for instance available at:
>> http://www.ige.ch/D/jurinfo/documents/j10301104d.pdf
>>
>> In any case, these appear to be simply scanned images converted to
>> PDF, so you could in a worst case take screenshots to access them.
>>
> This are the responses for the public consultation last year. On the
> website Urheberrecht.ch are newer postion paper in the following documents:
>
> http://www.urheberrecht.ch/D/news/documents/new105d.pdf
>
> Openlaw responded for Open Source.

Thank you for the links, Thomas and Daniel. Re "locked PDF": my bad
formulation - in fact, I was able to print the files. I meant that it
was impossible to copy excerpts of the text, or to search for words in
it, and that the Adobe PDF -> text page could not convert it. Which
means that they are probably not readable straight with a screen reader,
doesn't it?

> I think it is a good idea to give them direct feedback about their webpage.

I did so, suggesting they add links to

A) <http://www.consumersdigitalrights.org/cms/index_en.php> (and for
Italian, to <http://www.altroconsumo.it/map/src/89891.htm>)

B)http://www.digitalconsumer.org/

in the "Campagnes à l'étranger" section of their recommended links, for
balance's sake.

And expressing mild bafflement at the Microsoft-sponsored game.