Re: [wilhelmtux-discussion] urheberrecht.ch – Über Urheberrecht.ch

Daniel Boos boos at trash.net
Fri Apr 7 10:07:46 CEST 2006

Claude Almansi (BW) schrieb:
> Hello Zäme
>
> Today www.news.admin.ch/ sent a communique advertising a new site and
> booklet by Eidgenössisches Institut für Geistiges Eigentum (IGE) about
> the revision of the law on Author's Rights.
>
> 2 odd things in a site thus promoted by the federal administration:
>
> 1) the game linked bottom right, entitled "Game «Support Creative
> People» Kampf den Ideen-piraten!", with a notice saying "Eine Idee von
> Atalier visual entertainment, mit freundlicher Unterstützung durch
> Microsoft Schweiz GmbH"
>
> Sic(k)
>
> 2) the Über Urheberrecht.ch page
> http://www.droitdauteur.ch/D/ueber/ueb1.php?m=2, which, under
> Projektsbegleitung,  lists: "Open-Source: Christian Laux und Urs
> Gehrig (openlaw), www.openlaw.ch "
>
> Somehow, it sounds extremely unlikely that Laux and Gehrig were
> consulted about the von Microsft Schweiz GmbH freundlich unterstütztes
> game. Unless, of course, they deviously chose to OK it, on the ground
> that its utter boredom and stupidity would boomerang ;-)

I made a short article at:
http://www.netzpolitik.org/2006/schweiz-neues-urheberrecht-highway-oder-sackgasse/

I hope I will be later able to summarize more about the event. It was in
interesting to hear all the different positions in a short time. You can
read many position paper online on the website and they also asked us to
submit events relevant to the topic to them and they will note it in the
agenda.

Daniel