[wilhelmtux-discussion] WSIS -- World Summit on InformationSociety

Dietrich Feist dietrich.feist at mw.iap.unibe.ch
Mon Mar 10 15:55:42 CET 2003

Alex Schroeder wrote:

> I got no response from Wilhelm Tux regarding this...  I got my
> confirmation today, so I will certainly go to the Symposium on March
> 13 in Bern.

Sorry for the late response, I have been (and still are) very busy with
my regular job - which leaves me too little time to react to many things
that are going on around Wilhelm Tux.

> If anybody is interested, feel free to mail me
> (alex at gnu.org) so that we can talk beforehand about our goals.

I would be interested but right now it is impossible for me to take a
whole day off during the week. However, I would be very happy to meet
you (and other interested people?) there at the Museum für Kommunikation
to discuss our involvment in WSIS. How about meeting for lunch?

> I will go there with Free Software on my mind, as a member of Wilhelm
> Tux, but not as an official representative (much as I'd like to!).

I'd be very happy if you would go as our official representative
instead. You are more than qualified to represent us on this issue.

> Therefore, I think, we should support the "Proposals for the
> Declaration of Principles and Plan of Action for the World Summit on
> the Information Society".

I read the document and I agree. This makes a lot of sense and is almost
identical with our own goals. How is the procedure to support it?

Kind regards,

Dietrich Feist
President of Wilhelm Tux - Kampagne für Freie Software