[wilhelmtux-discussion] WSIS -- World Summit on Information Society

Alex Schroeder a.schroeder at bsiag.com
Die Mar 4 11:59:41 CET 2003

"Claude Almansi" <claude.almansi at bluewin.ch> writes:

> Fastenopfer and Brot für alle are the organisations who started the
> Swiss Civil Society Platform, www.comunica-ch.net for the WSIS
> (where you'll find other links about the the WSIS, and a list of the
> other organisation who have adhered to said platform)

I think Wilhelm Tux (in English -- William Tux, or even Bill Tux!?)
should participate.

Here is a quick link for the German speakers on the list:
http://www.comunica-ch.net/doc/prepcomII_de.html

The argument goes as follows:  We don't want free software in the
administration only because it allows the citizens to double-check the
source code.  And we don't want it only because then citizens can
improve the software the administration is using.

We want free software so that everbody can participate.  We want it so
that everybody can learn new skills by examining existing software.
We want it so that everybody has the "right to fork" -- to create a
derivative of the software to adapt to their particular needs.  We
want it because it invites other people to write similar software,
increasing our choices.

Therefore, I think, we should support the "Proposals for the
Declaration of Principles and Plan of Action for the World Summit on
the Information Society".

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/alex.pl
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and sweet as love.